If you feel lousy, it might be because you are toxic.
So why are you a toxic waste dump and what can you do about it?
Dr Mark Hyman fills us in, with this video.
I’m a big fan of Dr Hyman, he is one of the best holistic thinkers out there, and he has a wide range of experience.
Scientists and practitioners are starting to wake up and recognize the role of toxins in health and disease.
How can we not be affected by the 6 million pounds of mercury emissions per year? This is just the tip of the iceberg. What about the 80,000 other chemical that are released every year into the environment?
Many people just don’t realize they are toxic. They do have symptoms of toxicity, but they just don’t make the connection.
The best strategy is to avoid, eliminate and reduce as many toxins as possible. Then take steps to get the inside of the body cleaned up.
Summary of his steps for detoxification:
– with my comments following
- Drink plenty of clean water. – I always have purified water with me wherever I go.
- Move your bowels, constipation is a killer. – Link to my favorite natural colon product
- Eat lots of organic produce. – My 365 day a year organic garden covers this one for me.
- Include garlic and onions for their sulfur content. – I love garlic, but my wife hates the smell
- Avoid stimulants, alcohol etc – Switched from coffee to green and white tea. Less caffeine, not so acidic
- Exercise – I love to, yoga, bike riding, hiking, weights, just get out and do it!
- Avoid white flour and sugar – With pleasure, that is some nasty stuff, not going into my body.
- Multi vitamin mineral – I prefer a liquid for better absorption
- Relax Deeply – Restorative yoga is the deal.
If you have experience with detoxification or just a question or comment, please use the comment box below. We love to hear from you.