Most people have an overworked digestive system.
Have you noticed the incredible popularity of digestive aids recently?
Consider giving your digestive system a little vacation. This gives the detoxification systems of the body a chance to clean house.
There are many different styles of detoxifying regimes. Let’s talk about some of the ones she covers in this video, starting with the absolute beginner. The beginning cleanser, would be someone who has been eating a typical Western diet from birth and has little or no experience with juicing, raw foods or fasting.
- Starting point, just add more raw foods to the diet and leave off some of the processed junk foods. This small step right here is a good starting point and can make a difference.
- Raw food challenge, a more extensive raw food regime, eating 100% raw foods for a certain number of days. This is easier for most people, because they have some food on the stomach.
- Smoothie cleanse. This is one of my favorites. I load up a bunch of veggies and some pure water in a blender and blend it up. Then I add some rice protein powder or other quality protein.
- Green juice, this is likely the most cleansing version. Pure green juices, made fresh with a juicer. This is also low in sugar, compared to fruit, carrot and beet juices.
- The water fast. I used to do this for a few days at a time. I really don’t think it is the best choice. The body needs some nutrition in order for the detoxification pathways to work efficiently. It is also pretty tough to function some days with no nutrition at all.
- The one I wouldn’t recommend is the, whole day of fruit. Way too much sugar. She warns against diabetics doing this. I would extend that to anyone with candida, yeast infection, hypoglycemia and more. Too much sugar is good for no one. A little fruit balanced with some greens and protein is a better way to go.
She leaves us with one important point at the end, take it easy. The more you can minimize obligations and running around during a cleanse the better. Doing it over a weekend, when you don’t have to work, or on a vacation is ideal.
One point I want to stress, It is a great idea to consult with your personal health care provider before embarking on a cleanse. Especially if you have some type of health condition to start with.